Health and Safety
Hortus aims to consistently provide and maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all our staff. We are committed to the prevention of occupational accidents leading to ill health and injury. To achieve this, we comply rigorously with all Health and Safety legislation, codes of practice and industry best practices.
We undertake to provide, so far as reasonable practicable –
- Safe systems of work
- A safe place of work
- Adequate welfare facilities
- Safe plant and equipment
- Safe means of transporting articles, substances and people
- All necessary training, instruction, information and supervision
- A safe and healthy environment
Hortus is committed to continuous improvement in the management of Health and Safety and through the implementation of this policy, we aim to improve our occupational Health and Safety performance and achievement of the following objectives –
- To identify all hazards associated with our activities and ensure that risks are eliminated or controlled to a level which is as low as reasonable practicable.
- To consult with our employees on matters of Health and Safety and ensure that each employee is aware of their responsibility to take reasonable care of their own and other peoples health, safety and welfare and to report any situation which may pose a threat to the well being of any other person.
- To ensure that the manner in which we carry out our undertaking does not affect the Health and Safety of non-employees, including contractors and temporary workers, visitors and members of the public who might be affected by our operations.
This Health and Safety policy will be continually monitored and updated as and when required, and particularly when changes in the scale and nature of Hortus's operations occur.